Holiday Ambrosia Cake Recipe
"This is from an old recipe that came to me as a typical fruit cake, but I added pineapple, coconut and pineapple juice which made it really moist, and gave it a bit of a tropical taste." – Dotty Stodulski, North Port, Florida
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- COCONUT GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pineapple juice, beating well after each addition. Fold in the coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts, raisins, mangoes and candied cherries.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut milk and extracts. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 613 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 95 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC