- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings; set aside. In another bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to coat. Add spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Holiday Almonds
Sort By :
"Wonderful! I am giving these tucked into my handpainted wine glasses for the holidays."
"Does anyone know how to make cinnamon almonds? My granddaughter buys them like this at fairs and just loves them. Would I still coat them in egg whites and then toss in cinnamon/sugar? I tried making these once but the spice wouldn't stick. I wonder if I'd still want a little salt too. Also, would I still use blanched almonds?? Can anyone help?"
"These almonds are absolutely delicious and my family loves them. We will be making this recipe many more times."
"Great, yummy, just be sure to buy blanched almonds, took me forever to blanch them myself-maybe I'm just hopeless though!"