Holiday Almond Tassies Recipe
“I make so many of these fancy tassies that I buy a 7-pound container of almond paste”! They’re one of my family’s holiday favorites.”—Donna Westhouse, Dorr, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) almond paste
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into 48 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the almond paste, sugar, eggs, orange juice, cream and flour. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Almond Tassies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC