Holiday Almond Tassies
“I make so many of these fancy tassies that I buy a 7-pound container of almond paste”! They’re one of my family’s holiday favorites.”
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) almond paste
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and
- fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into 48 balls. With
- floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased
- miniature muffin cups.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the almond paste, sugar, eggs,
- orange juice, cream and flour. Fill prepared cups three-fourths
- full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- completely. Yield: 4 dozen.