This fast, delicious dessert always makes an appearance during our Christmas celebrations.—Cheryl Newendorp, Pella, Iowa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup almond paste
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, almond paste and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Gradually add flour just until moistened.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; top with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p80
Reviews for Holiday Almond Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review