Create a cozy atmosphere when making a special meal on Valentine's Day. Begin by draping the table in an elegant cloth with white and red hues. Place a lovely Heart-Shaped Napkin (instructions below) on top of each dinner plate.
Then add some ambiance by creating Rose Candleholders. Here's how:
- Cut the stem off of a large rose, making sure the bottom is even. Use your fingers to fully open the rose. If necessary, remove some center petals so there's a small open area in the middle.
- Place a tea light candle in a clear tea light holder; set inside the rose. Place the Rose Candleholder on a small saucer or candle base. To prevent wilting, make these flower candleholders just before sitting down to dinner.
- Place a square napkin on a flat surface. Fold two opposite side edges in so that they meet in the center, making a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in half lengthwise. Rotate the napkin so that the single fold is on the bottom.
- With your finger in the center of the rectangle, bring up one end of the napkin until it touches your finger.
- Bring up the other end so that the two ends touch and a point is formed on the bottom.
- Tuck under the two upper corners to create a heart shape.