Gather with your family this Thanksgiving for a distinguished dinner that pleases the eye as well as the stomach!
For an attractive entree that guests will be wild about, roast a succulent Mandarin Goose. Then set this golden bird on a bed of beautiful Roasted Autumn Vegetables.
Crimson-colored cranberries—a favorite fall fruit—shine in both Cranberry Tossed Salad and Cran-Apple Pie. (All recipes shown here.)
Complement this lovely autumn dinner with two other splendid sides—Gingered Long Grain and Wild Rice, and Cornmeal Pan Rolls.
Thanksgiving Dinner Agenda
A Few Weeks Before:
- Order a 12- to 14-pound domestic goose from your butcher.
- Prepare two grocery lists—one for nonperishable items to purchase now and one for perishable items to purchase a few days before Thanksgiving.
- Bake Cornmeal Pan Rolls; cool. Freeze in heavy-duty resealable plastic bags.
A Few Days Before:
The Day Before:
- Set the table.
- For Cranberry Tossed Salad, make the dressing; cover and chill. Wash and dry salad greens; refrigerate in a resealable plastic bag. Wash and chop broccoli and cauliflower; place in a resealable plastic bag and chill.
- Bake Cran-Apple Pie. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Later in the day, make the Sugared Fruit Centerpiece.