Breakfast Recipes for Mother's Day
Make Mother's Day special by serving Mom breakfast in bed with help from this menu planner.
One way to make Mom feel like a million on Mother's Day is by having Dad rouse the kids and whisk them to the kitchen to prepare breakfast in bed for her!
We even offer a timetable that makes menu planning extra easy!
One Week Before:
- Come up with the menu and make a grocery list.
- Have the kids make a card or draw a picture for Mom. (If desired, pick up an inexpensive photo frame for the drawing.)
- Look at home for a breakfast tray or pick one up from the store. You don't have to use a tray with legs—any tray (even a plastic one for outdoor entertaining) will do.
Two Days Before:
- Stop at the grocery store for any needed items.
- Put marbles in a drinking glass to make this flower vase. Surround with a ponytail holder and crayons if desired. Hide the glass from Mom!
The Day Before:
- Make Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread and cool completely. Store in a resealable plastic bag on the counter overnight.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt for Golden Oat Pancakes. Place in an airtight container; store at room temperature.
Mother's Day Morning:
- Get up early with the kids and let Mom sleep in!
- Have older kids add water and fresh-cut flowers from your yard to the marble-filled drinking glass vase; set on the breakfast tray along with the kid-crafted greeting card or framed drawing.
- Slice Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread.
- Make fruit smoothies or pour Mom a cup of coffee, orange juice or her favorite morning beverage.
- While the Golden Oat Pancakes are cooking on the griddle, prepare Green Onion Scrambled Eggs in a skillet.
- Top the pancakes with fresh fruit or syrup.
- Serve Mom breakfast in bed!