As the clock ticks closer to the witching hour of Halloween, don't be haunted by the headaches of hosting a frighteningly fun party for the youngsters in your family.
Entertaining can be eerily easy! The trick lies in offering an awesome assortment of kid-approved snacks and beverages.
Little ghosts and goblins will have a smashing good time at your Halloween bash when they spy a spooky spread of Orange Witches' Brew Punch, Bewitching Ice Cream Cones, Marshmallow Ghosts, Frightening Fingers, Witch Hat Treats and Black Cat Cookies.
A slew of simple spooky decorations can set a spirited mood at your Halloween party. In addition to pumpkins and balloons, try these tricks.
- With a black marker, draw ghostly eyes and mouths on old white sheets. Drape over the bristle ends of brooms and prop up against walls.
- Cut out shapes of bats from black construction paper and suspend them from the ceiling with black thread and tape.
- For an eerie glow, replace some of your regular light bulbs with green or orange bulbs, which can be found at hardware and party supply stores.
- Greet guests with spooky sounds from a purchased cassette or compact disc.
- Pick up a bag of spider webbing from a party supply store. Place in corners throughout the house and attach black plastic spiders. Also scatter spiders on tables, mantels and counters.
To create the spooky scene, purchase dry ice from your local grocery store's seafood department or ice supplier. Using tongs or thick gloves, place the dry ice in a watertight container; cover with water. Warm water will create more smoke, but it will disappear quickly. Cooler water will produce less dense smoke, but it will last longer. If the amount of smoke decreases during your party, add more dry ice and water.
Editor's Note: Do not handle dry ice with your bare hands. Use tongs or thick gloves. Keep dry ice out of the reach of children.