How to Make Your Own Egg-Painting Brushes
These toothpick and string creations for painting Easter eggs are a stroke of genius.
- 100% cotton twine
- Round toothpicks
(Note: visualize making a little broom.)
- Cut approximately 12 inches of twine from the ball.
- Wrap twine loosely around your index and middle fingers 4-5 times.
- Carefully remove the spooled twine from your fingers, making sure to keep the loops intact.
- Insert toothpick halfway into one end of the looped twine.
- To secure the looped twine and toothpick, wrap thread tightly around the end where toothpick was inserted. Tie off thread.
- Cut open the loops at the other end of the brush; trim ends to make them even.
Find the egg dyes featured here at dochinkles.com.