Tree Boughs 'n' Tapers
Bring a bit of the outdoors inside for your home-style buffet by making this table topper featuring tree branch candle holders.
- First, head outside and collect an assortment of tree branches.
- Cut them into various lengths so they will stand on end.
- On one end of each branch, drill a hole in the center to serve as a holder for each candle. (We used a 3/4-inch bit for standard-sized taper candles.)
- To protect your table's surface, stand the branches on end on a large tray.
- Place candles in the drilled holes.
- Arrange Christmas greens, red berries, dogwood branches and pinecones around candle holders as desired.