Best Holiday Tradition: Create a Holiday Scrapbook
When it’s cold outside, stay in for some scrapbooking fun. From glitter to ribbons to snowflake cutouts, this tradition is sure to bring everyone closer together this holiday season, presented by our friends at Folgers®.
A Year in Pictures
- Pull together the family and talk about the moments, memories and activities that meant the most to you over the past year. Write them down so you don’t forget.
- Go through your photos and pick one “focal point” picture for each month of the year. Once those are selected, pick a few supporting photos that help complete the story.
- For each memory you pick to immortalize, have a family member jot down how he or she felt at the time or how it feels to look back. Handwrite on white card stock or print out in a favorite decorative font.
- Before adhering anything to paper, make a mock layout first to make sure it all fits. Do this as a family or have each family member design a page.
- When decorating holiday pages, consider using bits of wrapping paper, gift tags, flat ornaments, ribbon and creative paper cutouts available at most craft and paper stores.
Must-Have Scrapbooking Supplies
- Scrapbook album
- Solid paper and card stock
- Patterned paper and decorative card stock
- Adhesives like glue dots, invisible vellum tape and glue sticks
- Fade-resistant and water-proof pens in assorted colors
- Scissors and paper trimmers
- Embellishments like tags, stickers, paper cutouts and foil accents
- Plastic page protectors
Share your favorite holiday traditions with us on Instagram and Twitter by using #HolidayHeritage for a chance to be featured across TasteofHome.com.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC