Do you have an assortment of ornaments from decades ago (such as the Shiny Brites shown here) that you dare not hang on the tree in case they fall and break?
Don't keep those beautiful baubles under wraps where no one can enjoy them.
Take holiday guests on a trip down memory lane by displaying those treasured ornaments in a retro-style tablescape.
Deck the dinner table in your finest linens, china and silverware. Then sprinkle artificial snow down the center to create a snowy scene. Place pretty ornaments inside assorted stemware.
Miniature bottle-brush Christmas trees complete the reminiscent, wintry wonderland.
Lightbulb Place Markers
Ignite memorable discussions about Christmases past by using old-fashioned Christmas tree lightbulbs as dazzling place cards.
- First paint the lightbulbs in colors that complement your table setting; let dry.
- Using an embossing pen, write a dinner guest's name on each bulb. Sprinkle with embossing powder; melt the powder with a heat gun. You can also write the name with a paint pen. Let dry.
- Wrap the end of each bulb with narrow, wire-edge ribbon.
- Coil the ends of the ribbon.
- Tie the bulb place card around a folded napkin with another length of matching ribbon.
More Christmas Centerpieces >
Christmas Recipes >