- 8 slices bread
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Shredded Wheat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out a circle in the center of each slice of bread; set circles aside.
- In a bowl, beat 4 eggs and milk. On a hot griddle, melt butter. Carefully dip both sides of bread slices in egg mixture, then coat with cereal; place on griddle.
- Break 1 egg into the center of each bread slice. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until bread is lightly browned. Turn and cook until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry reserved bread circles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hole-in-One Eggs in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p26
Reviews for Hole-in-One Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2013
"similar to "Toad-in-a-hole" but much better with the French Toast/syrup taste. Next time we will use thicker "Texas Toast" rather than thin bread. many thks."