Hole in One Cake
One thing's for sure...golfers won't be afraid of a "slice" on this course. On the contrary— they'll want to cut a big wedge of the cake! Game to try it yourself? Just follow the easy instructions provided for you here. It's sure to score a hole in one with any golfer you know!
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Green paste and liquid food coloring
- #233 multi-opening pastry tip or #2 round tip
- Pasty bag or plastic bag with small hole cut in corner
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 miniature chocolate kiss
- 2 burstin' berry-flavored Fruit Roll-Ups, divided
- 5 uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 round wooden toothpick
- 1 butterscotch chip
- 1 miniature marshmallow
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two
- greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes;
- remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream shortening, butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Gradually beat in milk until light and fluffy. Tint with green paste
- food coloring. Place cake on a serving platter for 10-in. round
- covered board; frost between layers and top and sides of cake.