Hold-The-Oil French Dressing Recipe
"The first time I served this dressing, my husband thought I had bought a new brand and commented on how good it was," writes Ruth Koberna of Brecksville, Ohio. No one would guess that this zesty salad topping starts with a can of tomato soup.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Serve with a tossed salad. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 14 servings (1-3/4 cups).
Originally published as Hold-The-Oil French Dressing in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p17
Reviews for Hold-The-Oil French Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2010
Great versatile recipe. I use splenda instead of sugar. I have also used different types of vinegar for different flavors.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- French Dressing >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >