Hoisin Shrimp & Broccoli Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add the onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp; stir-fry 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 289 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Hoisin Shrimp & Broccoli
"The hoisin sauce really made this recipe tasty! This is a delicious dinner that's quick to make!"
"Pretty Good...I followed the recipe closely but was a bit disappointed that the flavor was on the light side. I'll try it again and add a little more seasoning."
"Tried this for dinner tonight..I think it needs a lot more veggies but the flavor was good."
"I love it! It's for keeps.."
"I loved it!!!! I used ground ginger instead of fresh and I didn't use sesame oil. This dish pleasantly surprised me. It will definitely be a staple in my home."
"Excellent recipe! The only thing I changed was using ground ginger instead of fresh. The flavors are perfectly balanced so the shrimp is accentuated and not covered up, which is so often the case with stir fry sauces. This is just perfect! Definitely will be making an encore performance at my house!"
"I made this recipie even though I didn't have all the ingredients. I didn't have hoisin sauce, green onions, fresh gingerroot or garlic cloves. I used ground ginger and garlic powder instead. I looked up the equal amounts on google. Even without those ingredients this dish was fantastic. I do think the sesame oil makes all the difference. This is the best and most authentic stirfry I've ever made. Even my 15 month old liked it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.