- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add the onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp; stir-fry 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Shrimp & Broccoli
Sort By :
I made this recipie even though I didn't have all the ingredients. I didn't have hoisin sauce, green onions, fresh gingerroot or garlic cloves. I used ground ginger and garlic powder instead. I looked up the equal amounts on google. Even without those ingredients this dish was fantastic. I do think the sesame oil makes all the difference. This is the best and most authentic stirfry I've ever made. Even my 15 month old liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >