This is a healthy dish with a savory sauce that enhances the fresh flavor of the broccoli. It looks great and is easy to prepare. Try it-you'll love it! Mary Kisinger - Calgary, AB
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add the onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp; stir-fry 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Shrimp & Broccoli in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p66
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Shrimp & Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review