Hoisin Salmon Fillets
Fabulous Asian flavor in no time flat—this moist salmon is special enough for guests, easy enough for weekdays. “I usually serve this dish with steamed brown rice, broccoli and a fresh fruit salad.” —Jeri Farough, Perryville, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30
- minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon
- skin side down on grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet equals 224 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.