- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 15 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cut roast in half. Combine 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and ginger; rub over pork. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar and sugar. Chill until serving.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Place 2 teaspoons remaining hoisin sauce down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup shredded pork and 1/3 cup coleslaw. Roll up. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forHoisin Pork Wraps
"This was amazing! I don't know what the previous poster was complaining about the roast being dry. That almost put me off making this. After cooking for seven hours, there was a pool of liquid at the bottom that amply covered the pork after I shredded it and mixed it. I used the amount listed in the recipe. So if you follow the recipe you should not have any problems."
"I can't rate it yet because something isn't right. I made this recipe, following everything exactly. However, when I opened the slow cooker, there was virtually NO liquid/sauce. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Also, can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can salvage the pork loin now? I tried warning more hoisin sauce with a little water and then adding it, but the mixture is still too dry to attempt to eat (I have a digestion issue that requires me to eat moist foods. I'd choke on this if I attempted it as it is now.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was really looking forward to eating this one!"
"My family loved this! We have made it more than once. It is definitely a family favorite. It is really easy to make and delicious!"
"Loved this recipe. I made these for a family dinner and everyone liked them."
"Delicious pork wrap sandwiches - a snap to make in the crock pot all day. Loved the coleslaw both in the wraps and on the side!"