This flavorful pork with its tasty slaw is fun to serve at a buffet because it lets guests make their own wraps. Even my grandchildren like it. —Linda Woo, Derby, Kansas
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 15 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cut roast in half. Combine 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and ginger; rub over pork. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar and sugar. Chill until serving.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Place 2 teaspoons remaining hoisin sauce down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup shredded pork and 1/3 cup coleslaw. Roll up. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Pork Wraps in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Pork Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review