- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 15 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cut roast in half. Combine 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and ginger; rub over pork. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar and sugar. Chill until serving.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Place 2 teaspoons remaining hoisin sauce down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup shredded pork and 1/3 cup coleslaw. Roll up. Yield: 15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Pork Wraps
Sort By :
"This was amazing! I don't know what the previous poster was complaining about the roast being dry. That almost put me off making this. After cooking for seven hours, there was a pool of liquid at the bottom that amply covered the pork after I shredded it and mixed it. I used the amount listed in the recipe. So if you follow the recipe you should not have any problems."
"Perfect summertime food, quick, easy and delicious!! It's really good with chicken too."
"I can't rate it yet because something isn't right. I made this recipe, following everything exactly. However, when I opened the slow cooker, there was virtually NO liquid/sauce. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Also, can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can salvage the pork loin now? I tried warning more hoisin sauce with a little water and then adding it, but the mixture is still too dry to attempt to eat (I have a digestion issue that requires me to eat moist foods. I'd choke on this if I attempted it as it is now.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was really looking forward to eating this one!"
"My family loved this! We have made it more than once. It is definitely a family favorite. It is really easy to make and delicious!"
"Loved this recipe. I made these for a family dinner and everyone liked them."