- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, hoisin sauce, chipotle peppers,
- balsamic vinegar and molasses. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a
- paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting occasionally with glaze mixture. Let meat stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Serve with slaw. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1 cup fennel slaw equals 395 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.