Hoisin-It-Nice Deviled Eggs
Add an Asian twist to deviled eggs! Shrimp, hoisin and soy sauce boost flavor and amp up the fun. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash ground ginger
- Minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce,
- garlic and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in oil until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, ginger and remaining
- hoisin and soy sauce; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Garnish with shrimp and chives. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.