Add an Asian twist to deviled eggs! Shrimp, hoisin and soy sauce boost flavor and amp up the fun. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash ground ginger
- Minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce, garlic and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, ginger and remaining hoisin and soy sauce; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with shrimp and chives. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Hoisin-It-Nice Deviled Eggs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p12
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Hoisin-It-Nice Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review