- 12 uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash ground ginger
- Minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce, garlic and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, ginger and remaining hoisin and soy sauce; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with shrimp and chives. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Hoisin-It-Nice Deviled Eggs
"I made these eggs without the shrimp, so I can't comment on that. However, the egg filling was DELICIOUS. It had the Asian flavor without being overpowering. I put some crunchy rice noodles on top to give it an extra texture. We loved them, I'd definitely make this again."