"This recipe was a give away for a cook book advertisement," writes Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey. "I kept the recipe, adjusting it somewhat to fit our tastes. This is one of my very favorite recipes; fast, easy and absolutely delicious."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place pork in a
- shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour sauce over
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 265 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a