Hoisin Chicken Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 418 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.