Asian flavors enhance my convenient rotisserie chicken salad. It earns compliments every time I make it. Toasted sesame seeds add a nutty texture. —Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, CA
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Chicken Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"Made with regular chicken breast instead of rotisserie, but was very flavorless. Dressing flavor was not appealing."