Asian flavors enhance my convenient rotisserie chicken salad. It earns compliments every time I make it. Toasted sesame seeds add a nutty texture. —Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, CA
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Chicken Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hoisin Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"Made with regular chicken breast instead of rotisserie, but was very flavorless. Dressing flavor was not appealing."