- 1-1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced hothouse cucumber
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional)
- Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl; set aside. Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces. Thread beef pieces evenly onto four 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Season kabobs evenly with pepper.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush beef generously with some of reserved sauce mixture. Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture. Season beef with salt, if desired. Serve kabobs topped with Pineapple Salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin BBQ Steak-On-A-Stick with Pineapple Salsa in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Hoisin BBQ Steak-On-A-Stick with Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 13, 2014
"Loved the recipe"