Hoisin & Honey Glazed Salmon
Now that I have this recipe, my husband and I always look forward to the fresh wild salmon season. You can find hoisin sauce in the international foods aisle at the grocery store. —Cheryl Rein, Orlando, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. Mix hoisin sauce, honey and pineapple juice.
- Place salmon in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4-5 in.
- from heat 12-14 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily
- with a fork. Baste occasionally with 1/4 cup hoisin mixture during
- the last 6 minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 341 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.