- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add the beans, carrots, and potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add corn and peas; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 2 cups liquid; set vegetables aside. In the same pan, combine the butter, cream, chives, pepper, paprika, reserved liquid and remaining salt. Add vegetables and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Hodgepodge Stew in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p44
Reviews for Hodgepodge Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"A great way to use up a wide variety of leftover veggies."