Hobo Knapsacks Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, tomatoes, onion, mixed vegetables and mushrooms; set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the egg, tomato juice, oats, onion, salt and pepper; crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Divide meat mixture into six portions; crumble each portion onto an 18-in. x 12-in. piece of foil.
- Top with vegetable mixture; season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming a packet. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hobo Knapsacks(2)
Sort By :
This is a fabulous way to enjoy vegetables. It's really good! Kids love "hobo" foil packs.
This idea is great for camping also. Very easy to cook on the fire!!We use several combinations and make to each person's on taste!! Add meat, veggies, seasonings, cheese! Wrap it up and give it an hour or so turning a few times.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >