I came up with this recipe one day when I didn't have many groceries in the house. My kids named it Hobo Hash because it didn't have a lot in it and could be cooked in one pan.—Linda Hendershott, St. Joseph, Michigan
Recommended: How to Cook in Foil Packets
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 can (10.-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes and soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hobo Hash in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p142
Reviews for Hobo Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2010
"Good for you who can make do with what is on hand when times are tuff!! This good recipe proves you can make do and still have a good meal for your kids."