Dining alone has its benefits...I can cook what I like! This is a favorite.—Pat Walter, Pine Island, Minnesota
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 potato, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 sheet heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 13 inches)
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Shape beef into a patty; place in the center of foil with potato,
- carrot and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Fold
- foil over and seal well; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°
- for 45 minutes. Open foil carefully. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: Dinner may also be grilled, covered, over medium coals for 45-60 minutes or until potato is tender.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with extra-lean ground beef and without salt) equals 371 calories, 16 g fat (0 saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.