His Favorite Ravioli Recipe
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) refrigerated pumpkin ravioli or ravioli of your choice
- 1-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and prosciutto in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sage; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Stir in the peas, cheese, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain ravioli; toss with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 505 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,102 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for His Favorite Ravioli
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.