Turn refrigerated ravioli into a gourmet meal in no time! The rich flavors and interesting textures give this dish its character. -Christa Rispoli, Newfoundland, New Jersey
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) refrigerated pumpkin ravioli or ravioli of your choice
- 1-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and prosciutto in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sage; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the peas, cheese, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain ravioli; toss with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as His Favorite Ravioli in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for His Favorite Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2013
"I couldn't find pumpkin ravioli so I used cheese ravioli. I've made this twice and I like it much better with ham than with prosciutto."