Turn refrigerated ravioli into a gourmet meal in no time! The rich flavors and interesting textures give this dish its character. —Christa Rispoli, Newfoundland, New Jersey
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) refrigerated pumpkin ravioli or ravioli of your choice
- 3/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and prosciutto in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sage; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the peas, cheese, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain ravioli; toss with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as His Favorite Ravioli For 2 in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for His Favorite Ravioli For 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review