Hint-of-Orange French Toast Recipe
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar and/or maple syrup, optional
- 1. Place the bread in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla. Pour over bread; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook French toast in butter over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 455 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Hint-of-Orange French Toast
"This is delicious as is, but I also make it with TOH "Cinnamon Swirl Orange Bread" D/J 97--issue(which in my family's opinion is the top TOH recipe ever) leftovers when it is just my husband and I. I leave out the orange juice and rind as there is plenty in the bread itself. YUM"
"This a great french toast recipe. The orange adds a great kick. I think it can be more crispy if you squeeze the excess liquid prior to cooking."