"Our daughter and son-in-law have their own sugar works in Vermont, so we always have a supply of maple syrup, which makes this breakfast favorite even better," notes Donna Warner of Tavares, Florida. "This recipe can be expanded to feed a crowd, too."
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar and/or maple syrup, optional
- Place the bread in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla. Pour over bread; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook French toast in butter over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hint-of-Orange French Toast in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 37
Reviews for Hint-of-Orange French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review