Hint-of-Mint Lemonade Recipe
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the mint, lemon juice, orange juice and peel. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 2. Strain and discard mint and orange peel. Stir in cold water; serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and additional mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 150 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Hint-of-Mint Lemonade
"it was great .the grated orange peel gave it a special flavour."