We always have a plentiful supply of fresh mint leaves in the garden, so this makes a very refreshing drink on hot summer days. —Laura Mae Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the mint, lemon juice, orange juice and peel. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard mint and orange peel. Stir in cold water; serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and additional mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hint-of-Mint Lemonade in Reminisce Extra July 2008, p53
Reviews for Hint-of-Mint Lemonade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2010
"it was great .the grated orange peel gave it a special flavour."