Hint-of-Mint Lemonade Recipe
We always have a plentiful supply of fresh mint leaves in the garden, so this makes a very refreshing drink on hot summer days. —Laura Mae Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the mint, lemon juice, orange juice and peel. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard mint and orange peel. Stir in cold water; serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and additional mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hint-of-Mint Lemonade in Reminisce Extra July 2008, p53
Reviews for Hint-of-Mint Lemonade(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 20, 2010
it was great .the grated orange peel gave it a special flavour.