Hint of Mint Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup loosely packed mint sprigs
- 2-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 2-1/2 cups chopped ripe pears
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add mint; cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard mint. Transfer syrup to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the apples, pears, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir mayonnaise into mint syrup until blended; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Hint of Mint Fruit Salad
"I wonder if Splenda could be used instead of sugar? I'd also use light mayo. I'm diabetic, and looking to lose weight to help control it, so substitutions like these would be a great help. Otherwise, the salad's great, especially for summer barbeques, where it balances the heavier potato and pasta salads, and burgers and other meats."
"This fruit salad is like mine. My family doesn't like mayonaise so I use yogurt instead. It's just as delicious and healthier."
"It's very good and I wouldn't change a thing........."
"I don't like mayonaise, so I substituted sour cream. The salad was delicious!"