I love making herbal syrups like the simple dressing for this colorful fruit salad. It definitely adds pizzazz to our Easter dinner. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup loosely packed mint sprigs
- 2-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 2-1/2 cups chopped ripe pears
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add mint; cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard mint. Transfer syrup to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the apples, pears, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir mayonnaise into mint syrup until blended; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hint of Mint Fruit Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p35
Reviews for Hint of Mint Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review