Hint of Lemon Squash Saute
A lovely hint of lemon adds refreshing tang to this super-simple veggie medley. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, carrots and onion in oil for
- 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook 1
- minute longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.