Hint-of-Berry Bonbons Recipe
You'll have a hard time eating just one of these heavenly sweets. Inside the rich milk chocolate coating is a fudgy center with a hint of strawberry. Their white chocolate drizzle makes these bonbons even more special. —Brenda Hoffman, Stanton, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling YIELD:27 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide mixture in half. Return one portion to refrigerator. Shape remaining mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 3. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Decorate candies with white chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC