Hint-of-Berry Bonbons Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide mixture in half. Return one portion to refrigerator. Shape remaining mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 3. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Decorate candies with white chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Hint-of-Berry Bonbons
"I have made these year after year and they are AMAZING. They are difficult to roll into balls BUT the secret I have found that works every time is putting the mixture into the freezer for an hour. After this I use a little bit of room temp water and use it on my hands while forming the balls. It works perfectly as the mixture doesn't get stuck to my hands. Don't use too much though or it will end up a gooey mess! Once the balls are on wax paper they need to be placed back in the freeze again for about another hour before coating. Hope this helps."
"These were good, but next time I think I'll do raspberry jam and a bit of almond extract."
"Very good but do not roll into balls even after refrigerating overnight! Perhaps rolling in powder sugar may help? Any ideas?"
"Very delicious kinda tasted like pb&j. Somewhat difficult to make into perfect shape"
"They really do just have a hint of berry in them. Very good and easy to make."
"These are easy and taste delicious! I made them for my wedding, and there were none left over."
"The consistancy was terrible for forming these into balls. We found nothing special about them."
"this is real good and any one should try to make them,as they would love them."
"Don't even hesitate to make these. They are amazing!!"
"I made them with my grandchildren last Christmas and they were a huge hit !! Per grandchildren request we are making them again for Halloween."
"it's 27 servings (2 pieces a serving) so it works out to be the same amount"
"these are awesome, my kid even like them but it says 27 pieces in one spot and 4 1/2 dozen in another, I would say 27 is more true, I used low fat cream cheese and low fat nilla wafers it worked out just fine."
"I made these for Christmas and everyone enjoyed them. I would highly recommend them for really any Holiday. Thumbs up."