Hint-of-Berry Bonbons Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide mixture in half. Return one portion to refrigerator. Shape remaining mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Decorate candies with white chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hint-of-Berry Bonbons
Sort By :
"These were good, but next time I think I'll do raspberry jam and a bit of almond extract."
"Very good but do not roll into balls even after refrigerating overnight! Perhaps rolling in powder sugar may help? Any ideas?"
"Very delicious kinda tasted like pb&j. Somewhat difficult to make into perfect shape"
"They really do just have a hint of berry in them. Very good and easy to make."