Highbush Cranberry Tea
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups highbush cranberries
- 10 cups water, divided
- 2 to 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and 4 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 4 minutes or until berries pop. Press
- through a strainer; discard skins and seeds. Juice should measure
- about 4-1/2 cups; set aside.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, candies, cloves and remaining
- water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until
- candies dissolve. Strain and discard cloves. Stir in the orange
- juice concentrate, lemon juice and reserved cranberry juice. Serve
- hot or chilled. Yield: 3-1/4 quarts.
Editor's Note: Regular cranberries may be substituted.