We were "on a roll" right through dessert! Our eye-catching cake was shaped like a giant die with chocolate sandwich cookie spots. The level of difficulty for making this tender chocolate cube is "Easy"!—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 10 Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into two greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut two 6-in. squares from each cake (save remaining cake for another use). Spread the frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Split sandwich cookies apart; arrange on the cake (filling side down) for die spots. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as High Roller Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p13
Reviews for High Roller Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"I made this cake last minute for my brother-in-law's birthday. It was quick and got great ooh's and awe's. Thank you for sharing!"