We were "on a roll" right through dessert! Our eye-catching cake was shaped like a giant die with chocolate sandwich cookie spots. The level of difficulty for making this tender chocolate cube is "Easy"!—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 10 Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into two greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut two 6-in. squares from each cake (save remaining cake for another use). Spread the frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Split sandwich cookies apart; arrange on the cake (filling side down) for die spots. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as High Roller Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p13
Reviews for High Roller Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"I made this cake last minute for my brother-in-law's birthday. It was quick and got great ooh's and awe's. Thank you for sharing!"