High-Rise Apple Pancake Recipe
Want to fix something special for a weekend breakfast or Sunday brunch? Wanda Nelson of Woodruff, Wisconsin whips up this delicious pancake filled with warm, cinnamon-sugar apple slices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until smooth. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in a 7-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute the apples, cinnamon and remaining sugar until apples are tender. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pancake equals 390 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC