High-Octane Pancakes Recipe
Fluffy and health-packed, these hotcakes are what Kelly Hanlon relies on to jumpstart frosty winter mornings in Strasburg, Colorado and keep her fueled up all day long. They’re scrumptious!
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
2 pancakes equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC